TRIA Hair Removal Laser
For best results, treat twice a month for the first 3 months, and then once a month until you’re done.
What does a TRIA Laser treatment feel like?
The sensation varies, depending on the person and treatment area itself. Some feel a warm, prickling sensation. If you don’t feel anything during treatment, we recommend you increase a level until you’ve reached the highest setting that you can tolerate. It’s easy to customize your treatments, using its five comfort levels.
After your first treatment
There will be no visible change to the hair or the appearance of the skin. Shave between treatments, but don’t pluck or wax hair.
After 2 months: Hair growth will begin to lighten and become finer.
After 3 months: You will begin to see a visible reduction in the amount of re-growth, especially where hair growth is dense.
After 6-8 months: Hair follicles that have been disabled by the TRIA Laser will not grow back.
before your first treatment
Charge your TRIA Laser
Charge the TRIA Laser for 2 hours before you use it for the first time. Plug the battery charger into the TRIA Laser charger socket, then into a power outlet. The battery indicator will show it is “filling up.” When the TRIA Laser is fully charged the battery light will stay on.
Perform a patch test
Before your first full treatment on a new area of your body, we recommend you test the TRIA Laser on a patch of skin there and try different energy levels.
1. Wash, shave and dry the treatment area. Next, unlock the TRIA Laser with the Skin Sensor.
2. Place the Treatment Window flat against your skin, and test one laser pulse.
3. If the Level 1 setting was comfortable for you, then move to another test area and increase to Level 2, testing a patch at that level with one laser pulse. Continue increasing levels and changing test locations until you reach the highest level that you can tolerate.
4. Wait 24 hours and then examine the test area. If your skin looks normal, start your first treatment at the highest level that is comfortable to you. Contact Customer Care or your doctor if your skin does not look normal after the patch test.
check the skin tone chart
Match the skin in the area you wish to treat to the range of skin tones shown on this chart. If your skin tone matches any of the skin tones labeled “Not Safe” for treatment, then DO NOT USE the TRIA Laser.
INTENDED FOR THESE SKIN TONE: White, Ivory, Beige, Light Brown
NOT SAFE FOR THESE SKIN TONES—DO NOT USE: Medium Brown, Dark Brown/Black
before every treatment
Get your skin ready
1. Wash the treatment area thoroughly.
2. Shave the treatment area. If possible, use a new razor to make sure you get an extra close shave. (Shaving helps reduce discomfort during treatment because the TRIA Laser works on the hair inside the follicle, below the surface of the skin.)
3. Wipe your skin with a cool, damp cloth to dry the area and remove any shaving cream or soap
Unlock the TRIA Laser with the Skin Sensor
The Skin Sensor is a built-in safety feature located inside the base of your TRIA Laser.
To unlock the laser with the Skin Sensor:
1. Turn on the TRIA Laser.
2. Hold the base of the TRIA Laser over the skin in the area you wish to treat. The Skin Sensor will automatically sense and check your skin. If it’s safe for you to use the TRIA Laser, it will emit a series of beeps and unlock.
3. If the TRIA Laser does not unlock, then it may not be safe for you to use. Or, you may be using the Skin Sensor incorrectly and need to try again. To try again, lift the Skin Sensor from your skin and follow steps 1 and 2 above. If you still aren’t able to unlock the TRIA Laser, contact Customer Care. When not in use for approximately five
minutes, the TRIA Laser will automatically lock.
Set the TRIA Laser to your comfort level:
Refer to the Display Window to find the current treatment level. To increase the level of your treatment setting (Levels 1-5), press the Power Button. Each time you press the Power Button, the level will increase. Once the TRIA Laser is at Level 5, press the Power Button again to return to Level 1. For best results, choose the highest
treatment level that you can tolerate.